First let me start this post with a big, “Whoop whoop! Party over here-ere….” So you’ve probably guessed; Several bloggers have been kind enough to nominate me for some blogging awards! This is my first time being nominated for blogging awards but you know what they say; good things come in threes!
First I’d like to thank each of these wonderful ladies for thinking of me! When I started blogging I had no idea what I was doing. I just knew that I wanted to meet other authors and if I could, encourage someone. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet so many terrific bloggers and authors along the way who have given me so much support! I am truly blessed!
First up? The Liebster.
I had to answer the 10 questions below and also list 11 random things about myself. So here we go!
- What’s the meaning of life? What’s the point?
Oooh! Philosophical! Well, aside from drinking as much coffee as you can (along with eating chocolate donuts) I think the point of life is to find out what you’re good at, perfect it as much as you can, and use that gift to inspire others.
- What are you best at?
I’d have to say writing. Although, being confused about football comes in a close second.
- If you were captured by aliens and put into an arena and they used their power of divination to determine your greatest fear or the one creature/animal/monster fake or real—what would appear out of the shadows to face you?
Ha! Well, the greatest fear would be running out of coffee (and I guess the real or fake monster would be running away with my cup of Starbucks….)
- Favorite gig of all time?
(I’m writing this from the future): The gig where I had to write that script for that big Hollywood studio:)
- How do you boil an egg?
When I’m writing I just put it on top of my head and let the heat from all that creating boil that baby up!
- If you could magic your mind into the body of any living human being on planet Earth, who would it be? (Keep in mind there’s no going back.)
This is so obviously a trick. The moment I name someone I’m going to be zapped through time and into the body of ________so I think I’ll stay mum on this one.
- If a clown jumped out of a van in the street while you were minding your own business and handed you a big pot of pink paint and a big crush, and said, “You must paint that house over there pink, if you do then you’ll get this,” he shows you the biggest diamond you’ve ever seen in your life, what would you do?
First I’d ask who did his makeup, then I’d ask where the hidden cameras were, and if there were no hidden cameras I’d distract him, take the diamond, and run to the nearest pawn shop. I mean police station.
- Favorite food?
Part of me is saying that I should write something healthy so that my blogger friends will think better of me, but honestly? Dude. A cheeseburger. A big one. With bacon. Okay, I’m getting hungry.
- If you were suddenly transformed or transmogrified into a great bowl along with your equivalent selves from every country in the world, and you were asked by God to compete against each other in a variety of sports and test, what self from what country would win and why?
None of us. I’d bet all of my money that all of my “selves” are just as nonathletic as I am.
- The best thing you’ve done for another human being?
- What are your long term life goals?
To be a famous writer:)
1. I’ve never seen ET
2. I’m so clumsy that I trip getting inside my own car.
3. I’m addicted to reality television (the shows that require absolutely no brain cells to understand what’s going on).
4. I get up at 5:00 am to write.
5. I was student of the year in fifth grade.
6. My next novel is called The New Mrs. Collins.
7. I want a dog but I’m not sure if I want a Jack Russel Terrier or a Bichon Frise.
8. I want to have my own movie production company someday.
9. I was in a rap group in high school.
10. I can’t touch my toes.
11. I make pecan pralines.
Now for some Sunshine!
The Sunshine Blog Award is passed on by bloggers to other bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
There are a few rules that every blogger nominated for this award have to follow:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger with a link and post about your award.
2. Share 10 random facts by answering the questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
3. Pass on the Sunshine Blog Award to other bloggers (up to 10) of your choice and let them know you nominated them.
4. Post 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer on their blog.
Here are the questions Chrys chose for her nominees:
1. When/why did you create your blog?
It’s been about a year now. I created the blog to meet other writers and to hopefully inspire some too.
2. What is the one blog post you feel is the best you’ve ever posted?
The best? Gosh, that’s hard. Well, I guess I’ll have to say this one.
3. What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A rapping psychologist (don’t ask).
5. What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
Writing my novels!
6. Do you have any pets?
I have a pet-in-law named Blue. But he thinks his name is “No, Blue.”
7. Where do you live?
In the corners of my mind…
8. Favorite books?
Sula and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
9. Favorite movies?
Sometimes that depends on the day! But Brown Sugar, Shawshank Redemption, The Matrix, The Departed, Fallen, 28 Days Later, the list goes on…
10. Favorite TV shows?
Right now my favorite shows is Suits.
My questions for my nominees:
1. When did you start your blog and why?
2. Was there ever a time you thought about giving your blog up? Why or why not?
3. If you could give any word of advice to writers/bloggers, what would it be?
4. What’s something people would be surprised to know about you?
5. If you lived your life without fear what’s the one thing you would do?
6. What advice would you give to a younger you?
7. Let’s say your life is a movie and you had to write the log line. What would it be?
8. What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
9. What’s your favorite inspirational quote?
10. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
And now, for something Sweet! Man, that picture makes me want a cookie!
Here are the questions for the Super Sweet Blogging Award:)
1. Cookies or Cake?
2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate (with nuts, sprinkles, and whipped cream:)
3. Favorite Sweet Treat?
4. When do you crave sweet things the most?
On days that end in Y.
5. Sweet nickname?
Quanie is my nickname.
And (drumroll please!) here are my nominees:
Supersweet Blogging Awards:
That’s it! Thanks again to Liz Blocker, Chrys Fey, and Natasha Hanover for nominating me!